Kids Can Be Kids Believes Nutrition is Important Too
Knowing what your children are being fed is important to you, that is why I have included a sample of some of the meals and snacks that could be served. In order to serve healthy and nutritious meals everyday, I prepare the meals in advance.
While I can and do accommodate mild allergies, I cannot accommodate a picky eater, unless snacks and meals are provided by the parents. I encourage children of all ages to try new foods, but never force them to eat.
Please note that I am a nut facility and there may be a chance your child’s food may come in contact with some kind of nut or nut product.
Lunch Items We Like (this is a sample only and may include other healthy lunch items):
- Shepard’s Pie with Veggies
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce with Salad
- Chicken Fettuccine with Caesar Salad
- Hamburger Soup (hamburger, carrots, barley)
- Chicken Strips and Fries, Carrots and Celery Sticks
- Grilled Cheese (marble or cheddar) on Multi-grain with Carrot Sticks
- Chicken and Rice in Teriyaki sauce with Broccoli Pieces
- Cheese Pizza with Carrots and Celery Sticks
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas with Cucumbers
- Mac and Cheese with Carrots and Cucumbers
- Beef or Chicken Pot Pies with Veggies (carrots, mini-tomatoes)
- Beef or Chicken Stew with Bun
- Potato Corn Chowder Soup with Garlic Toast
- Chili with Mixed Vegetables and Dip
- Egg Salad Sandwiches with Pickles
Snack Items we Like (this is only a sample and may include other healthy snack items):
- Seasonal Fruits – Kiwi, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, etc.
- Honeydew Melon, Cantaloupe, Watermelon
- Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cherry Tomatoes, Snap Peas
- Cheese (marble or cheddar) and Crackers (Ritz or Rice Crackers)
- Banana Bread
- Muffins – Carrot, Blueberry, etc.
- Pudding or Jello
I am very appreciative of the loving care that you have shown to our daughter during her time spent with you, and how accommodating you have been to our family. I would definitely recommend you to other parents looking for child care.